Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Plans, organizes, directs, and provides leadership in the hiring of financial staff, normal accounting processes, financing, budgeting, computer operations, reporting, strategic planning, and overall profitability by performing the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage grain, agronomy, feed, and fuel accounting practices. Maintain process and procedural controls including warehousing/inventory. See that proper internal controls are in place at all times.
- Coordinate all company financing.
- Oversee capital spending process.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of AgState as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Prepare and develop budgets, forecasts, and feasibility studies.
- Oversee credit policies.
- Work with accounting firm to prepare materials and meet requirements for state and federal tax needs.
- Establish and maintain risk management processes including property, liability, insurance coverage, etc. Monitor and oversee appropriate reporting requirements including, but not limited to, compliance with flat price grain long/short policies, fertilizer position limits, etc.
- Meet various reporting requirements with lenders, owners, and state associations on an as-needed basis.
- Leadership role: Maintain continuing education and direction of the Financial Team for the achievement of customer satisfaction. Maintain communication and “teamwork culture” between all company employees. Serve Financial Team as a mentor. Provide direction along with growth and development plans for the team. Recognize their efforts and successes while also providing constructive coaching.
- Fulfill hiring needs to staff the Financial Team.
- Assist location leaders in hiring procedures for financial staff.
- Direct computer operations and software management.
- Act as support for needed business operations.
- Work closely with Leadership Team to provide direction, be an active participant in key decision making, and leading implementation of overall strategic planning for AgState.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to AgState’s safety policies.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Communicate effectively to Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Provide guidance, direction, and communication in the development of strategy to maximize plant, equipment, and employee resources.
- Lead budget development with involvement of other employees.
- Maintain the image of AgState. Inform all company employees of the importance of portraying a professional image of company facilities, equipment, and personal appearance.
- Strong business acumen is essential.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must be able to work various hours as required to meet production and delivery schedules and deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to utilize IBM Compatible PC actively and efficiently and exhibit proficient skills with all necessary tools and technologies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university plus additional industry specific training beyond college; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA status preferred. Cooperative experience desired, but not required.
Must be able to travel to other AgState locations up to 20% of the time. May occasionally be required to attend continuing education opportunities.
This is a robust opportunity to play a key role and make a meaningful impact on the future success and growth of AgState. Interested candidates should submit their application for consideration by confidentially contacting Laura Blomme at email@example.com or 515.444.7342.