The role of a Premier Crop Systems®, LLC (PCS) Agronomic Information Advisor is to increase PCS program revenue with Premier Growers by providing agronomy and precision ag advisory services to growers.
- Learn from and work side by side with existing advisors on a daily basis assisting them with meeting growers’ day to day information needs.
- Work with growers on a daily basis assisting them with their agronomic information needs.
- Conduct sales appointments and enroll growers.
- There are many ways we provide value to the grower as we constantly innovate and expand our system’s capabilities.
- Collect agronomic data from crop producers. Download electronic data recorded with Ag Leader, John Deere, CaseIH, Trimble, Precision Planting, AGCO, Kinze, and other GPS systems. Attention to detail and accuracy are of the utmost importance, as growers will make high-dollar decisions based on the information you will provide.
- Become proficient with Premier Crop’s tools and other software and agronomy recordkeeping methods. Learn how to get what the grower applied into a format that can be handled in the Premier Crop database. Appropriately manage expectations based on grower’s equipment, practices, and/or data.
- Conduct one-on-one Grower Meetings at least 4 times per year to analyze the grower’s agronomic practices. Create variable rate population and nutrient recommendations with Premier Crop’s tools. Provide advice and guidance on the entire agronomic package – variety, population, fertility, management. Maintain frequent customer contact throughout the year using in-person visits, phone, email, and electronic newsletters/bulletins. Constantly deliver results based on the information Premier Crop generates from their data.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Premier Crop and growers’ data, recommendations, and information.
- Participate in Premier Crop Development meetings. Provide input on future tools, reports, etc. that will bring value back to the grower who subscribes to our services.
- Grow the business. Develop full understanding of what Premier Crop Systems can offer to today’s grower. Identify potential sales leads. Make initial sales calls. Follow up with sales leads. Learn what questions to ask to lead the grower to Premier Crop’s products and services.
- Gather information about the Precision Agriculture marketplace. Be Premier Crop’s “eyes and ears” in the field. Help the company maintain our innovative edge in the market.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Business or related fields, or two or more years’ experience in one of the following fields: precision ag, retail ag, crop consulting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Agriculture industry, farming practices and ag systems technologies knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Must be detail oriented, results focused and a self-starter with strong follow up skills
- Demonstrated performance in delivering business results
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving, ability to determine solutions for customers
- Must have current driver’s license; driving record must meet company/insurance guidelines
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Strong presentations, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Precision Ag experience
- Knowledge of data systems
- Passion for serving growers
- Premier Crop employees have access to confidential information and are expected to treat all such information confidentially. Employees are requested to sign a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement form.
- This is a full-time, exempt position and as such, will be paid on a salary basis and will not be eligible for overtime pay.
- PCS offers a competitive salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401k, Life Insurance, Long and Short-Term Disability.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact:
Laura Blomme at 515.444.7342 or firstname.lastname@example.org