Location: Lena, Illinois
This is a key management position that will report directly to the company’s Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for implementing the organization’s accounting policies and procedures as well as reporting financial results to the organization’s lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community.
The controller will be the primary accounting manager including, but not limited to: financial reporting, asset management, monthly financial reporting, budget variance analysis and forecasting, sales analytics, gross margin analysis with variance accountability, commission accruals, expense accruals, patronage accounting and other items of similar nature.
- Coordinate the preparation of timely/accurate financial and other information for transmission to the CFO, as well as for use by all levels of management.
- Process posting and review of same in the company ERP system (Merchant Ag) and assist in Monthly closing.
- Support and analysis of agronomy invoicing, grain accruals, A/P & A/R balancing to ledger and sub‐ ledger.
- Support for payroll, sales, fuel, road and other taxes; insurance value reporting and compliance.
- Monitor controls to ensure accuracy of data/information.
- Review staff prepared bank accounts as needed and report to GM and CFO.
- Train and support users in the use of hardware/software for both in‐house and remote data processing locations.
- Monitor accounting staff to insure that work is being completed accurately, timely and efficiently.
- Promptly report to supervisor any customer and/or employee complaints or concerns.
- Work effectively with patrons, management and fellow employees.
- Available to work extended hours when needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5‐year degree in Accounting.
- 5 years of experience in Accounting & Data Processing.
- 2 years of experience Accounting Staff Supervision
- Experience with software tools: Microsoft Office, Online Banking Apps
- CPA, CMA certificate or candidate strongly encouraged.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi‐task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should confidentially contact:
Hedlin Ag Enterprises
Phone: 515.444.7342 Email: email@example.com