Location: W. Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible for generating new business and managing existing business relationships. Primary contact for customers.
Below is a list of essential duties of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Regularly schedules appointments with current customers to maintain business relationships with customers and to explain products and services available.
- Prepares product pricing and credit for customers within reasonable margins. Prepares sales contracts.
- Works directly with customers to effectively resolve issues and provide technical advice. Coordinates with distributors and production facilities as needed to resolve issues. Reports complaints and issues to the Nutritionist and Divisional Sales Manager.
- Assists distributors on sales and technical information on molasses based liquid feeds supplements and supplement blocks.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sale leads. Actively pursues new business to expand the company. Travels throughout the territory to meet with potential customers.
- Assists distributors and customers on equipment assignments and promptly and satisfactorily resolves issues.
- Coordinates orders from direct customers as necessary.
- Effectively manages monthly customer pricing.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Controls expenditures to conform to budgets.
- Prepares reports showing business transactions, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer expansion. Publishes monthly travel plan, maintains ongoing and regular contact with supervisor and submits weekly expense reports.
- Assists with collections by working with customers on payment and/or payment schedules.
- Enters new customer and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Maintains good working relationships, acts professionally and positively represents Westway.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Interacts and communicates with clients/customers and other staff in a professional and appropriate manner and responds to and gives feedback in a respectful and positive manner.
- Reports to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position and willing to perform the duties as workload necessitates.
- Employee shall comply with applicable regulatory and company health, safety, environmental, and security requirements. Employee is expected to complete required training in a timely manner; perform duties in a safe and environmentally sound manner; and immediately report injuries/illnesses, environmental spills/releases, and any unsafe acts or conditions to supervision in support of continual improvement of the company’s health, safety, environmental, and security performance.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Regular travel throughout the territory
- BS in Agriculture or related degree
Interested candidates may confidentially contact Laura Blomme at 515.444.7342 or email@example.com to learn more.