The primary duties will be, but are not limited to, overall P&L responsibility for the MLS Dairy Division in collaboration with the MLS Dairy Sales Manager, the hiring, development and management of the MLS dairy division personnel, and the operations of the MLS dairy warehouse locations including the management of purchasing and inventory in these locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will report directly to the MLS General Manager.
- Manage overall dairy division profitability in collaboration with the MLS Dairy Division Sales Manager.
- Dairy Division GM will be responsible for recruiting and hiring the best talent available to provide approved staffing for the MLS Dairy Division including sales, technicians, installers, route sales and warehouse staff.
- Working with location coordinators and managers, provide overall management of Dairy team members including performance reviews, discipline, problem solving, etc.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and team leadership to develop a stronger MLS Dairy Division.
- Assist in generating sales with specific customers or territories as needed to help generate and grow the dairy sales volume and division profitability. This effort will be in coordination with the dairy division sales manager.
- Work with MLS management to analyze and improve current operations, potential markets, sales and marketing strategies/activities, and determine the resources necessary for sustainable sales growth of the dairy division.
- Develop and implement an inventory and purchasing management system to improve inventory turns and reduce excess inventory levels.
- Coordinate MLS size and leverage related to volume purchases and group buying among all MLS branches.
- Specifically related to commodity products such as Formaldehyde, Copper Sulfate, Towels, Fly Spray, etc.
- Work with all locations to forecast product needs in advance so logistical coordination of these products is optimized.
- Develop annual sales and operational budgets for the MLS dairy division by location.
- Develop annual capital expenditure budgets for MLS dairy division.
- Develop and implement safety program in collaboration with MLS General Manager to reduce team accidents and injuries.
- Develop and implement a dairy division training program and schedule to assure that MLS team members are receiving adequate training and preparation for new technologies.
- Manage and implement collection and accounts receivables program in conjunction with the MLS dairy sales manager to assure that customers are staying within 60 days AR levels as per the requirements of MLS parent company, AMVC LLC.
- Develop working relationships with key MLS vendors to maximize MLS profitability and encourage growth and synergy between our companies.
- Work with key customers in collaboration with MLS Dairy Division Sales Manager to develop long term relationships to assist in securing profitable business for MLS.
- Position would require spending at least 2 days per week at the Pine Island/Zumbrota office.
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- Positive attitude at all times
- Dairy industry experience
- Sales and sales management experience
- 2 year or 4 year college degree
- Microsoft Office computer skills
Interested candidates should confidentially contact Laura Blomme at 515.444.7342 or email@example.com.