The Grain Department Manager will be responsible to direct, promote, and coordinate the department and operations. This person will provide leadership and supervision in grain management, marketing, profitability, sales, purchasing, inventory, pricing, and customer service. The Grain Department Manager will report to the General Manager of Farmers Win Cooperative.
- Establish, communicate, and implement department goals, objectives, policies, and results to General Manager and employees.
- Oversee the grain department that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate the department staff by promoting teamwork within the cooperative and delegate the workload to achieve the grain department’s mission and goals.
- Make recommendations and assist in improvements and capital expenditures for the grain department to ensure facilities and equipment remain in good repair and appearance.
- Ensure that grain department facilities and equipment comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Assure and delegate proper grain storage and condition, efficient operation of grain facilities and proper blending procedures are used to assure quality grain specifications.
- Coordinate the use of company-owned and grain bank grain with feed department manager.
- Provide marketing information to customers and coordinate purchases, receiving, sampling, grading, and shipping of grain.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan and direct grain department marketing activities.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives that promotes teamwork within the cooperative and a favorable image.
- Establish and achieve department profitability and sales goals by increasing the department’s market share through regular sales efforts.
- Submit all required operational reports and supporting materials to management.
- Establish competitive prices for products and services while still meeting the grain department’s sales and financial objectives.
- Develop and maintain a system for monitoring and controlling inventory levels that results in minimum shrinkage and maintains inventory turn goals.
- Serve on management team planning and policy-making committees.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of grain management, marketing, and budgeting that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate employee teams to produce quality work and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilities group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule that may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Interested candidates should confidentially submit their application for consideration by contacting Laura Blomme at email@example.com or 515.444.7342.