Job Title: National Sales Manager
Department: Regional Sales Representatives
Report to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The National Sales Manager applies the three-stage management process of planning, implementing, and evaluating the Association’s sales force and its activities. The National Sales Manager forecasts sales, preparation of sales budgets, establishment of sales territories, strategically plans sales force activities, and sets individual sales representatives’ sales goals. The National Sales Manager ensures the sales force is organized, staffed, and operated so as to carry out the organization’s goals.
A key responsibility of this position is recruiting and hiring good salespeople. Once top- quality people are hired for the position, the National Sales Manager regularly evaluates the performance of individual sales representatives, as well as the effectiveness of the sales team in whole.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies.
- Lead nationwide sales team to ensure they meet or exceed their sales’ objectives.
- Play an important role in educating and training our sales representatives on the programs, products, and services offered by the Holstein Association USA (HAUSA) so the representatives will be effective and efficient selling them in the field.
- Implement performance metrics so that the sales representatives’ performance can be adequately measured.
- Regularly monitor and analyze performance metrics and provide appropriate coaching as needed.
- Regularly provide market intelligence to the CEO regarding program, product, and service opportunities that might be appropriate for HAUSA.
- When necessary, work with prospective accounts and large customers to establish business relationships.
- At times work with the CEO and perhaps other HAUSA management staff in developing new accounts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts.
- Work as an active member of the HOLSim Branded Beef team.
- Recruit and hire effective salespeople.
- The National Sales Manager may work and manage his or her own territory.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of sales experience. Sales management and dairy experience are a plus. Excellent communication and inter-personal communication skills are a must. Some travel is required, and flexibility is an important part of the position.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact:
Hedlin Ag Enterprises
Ankeny, IA 50021
Phone: 515-964-7997 Email: Kdrury@hedlinag.com