Clovis, New Mexico
The Plant Manager has full responsibility and oversight of the facility. Position is responsible for all aspects of the plant including the P&L and budgeting responsibility. This position manages plant operators, and partners with environmental health and safety manager. The position will also work closely with the commercial, finance and human resources groups in meeting the objectives of the plant.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements a zero incident culture with a focus on elimination of incidents and hazards and preventing any damage to the environment.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and professional manner in conformance with regulations, terminal rules, quality standards and company policies.
- Maintains proficient communication with Health & Safety, Environment, Production, Quality Control, Maintenance, Logistics and Sales departments.
- Manages the P&L to meet regional and corporate financial goals.
- Maintains capital assets and manages capital improvements and construction projects associated with plant upgrades or new installations
- Management of employees including hiring, discipline process, employee performance reviews, the safety of employees and the management of safety programs.
- Facilitation and development of customer relations and service using a quantitative, quality based approach.
- Stays abreast of changes in working conditions or new technology that could increase the safety and efficiency of the operations.
- Initiates and supports improvement plans for employees to succeed in their efforts to achieve the goals of the department.
- Implements company policies on worker safety, safety regulations, company policies/procedures and work rules.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory management activity for the site.
- Manages plant costs and assets, including maintenance, repair, and capital for all equipment.
- Manages all contracts and subcontracts associated with the plant.
- Implements and manages plant security, environmental testing, corrective action, and permits.
- Performs plant inspections and manage project quality control.
- Manages plant truck distribution and logistics.
- Reports and investigates accidents or unsafe conditions at plant.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Manage all contracts associated with plant including but not limited to rail carriers, land leases, trans loaders (sub-contractors), truck companies, and equipment.
- Implements and maintains daily, weekly, and yearly reports and summaries on production, inventory and plant equipment / asset maintenance.
- Daily activity and product inventory reporting.
- Coordinates and interacts with government agencies, including state, counties, and local personnel.
- Industry experience required with general knowledge of steam boilers, compressors, loading racks, product blenders and automation systems.
- Extensive experience with the broad, multi-mode bulk liquid handling including truckload, ocean and rail.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with truck/bulk/inventory programs, MS windows applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and techniques used in planning, budgeting, reporting, and staffing.
- Works effectively with others, has strong inter-personal and negotiation skills, can communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and good presentation skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve and overcome issues, problems and roadblocks to meet objectives.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office experience and experience with plant automation software is preferred.
- Ability to perform the following safely:
- work outside for long periods of time, in shifts and overtime (as necessary), including weekends or evenings, in any weather condition.
- execute manual handling activities.
- be working at height without limitations.
- using (vertical) ladders and pathways (e.g. walking on platforms, scaffolding, climbing on top of railcars, truck trailers and land tanks, etc.).
- work in confined spaces.
- operate forklift truck.
- work with chemicals and hazardous substances.
Successful candidates must complete a drug screen, functional employment physical and background check. Westway Feed Products LLC maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Westway Feed Products LLC has its main office in Tomball, Texas with operations in the United States and Canada. We store and blend bulk liquids for animal feed purposes and is engaged in the distribution and marketing of such products for use as animal feed or fertiliser.
Westway Feed Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely based on qualification and experience, without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact:
Hedlin Ag Enterprises
Phone: 515.444.7342 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org