The role of a Premier Crop Systems®, LLC (PCS) VP, Finance is responsible for all finance related functions. This position requires an individual who is both strategic and tactical. The VP of Finance is responsible for all finance related functions which includes managing the company’s key accounting functions including monthly, quarterly and annual financials. This position will review and manage the accounting and daily operations in the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, budgeting, tax compliance, T&E expenses, monthly close processes, vendor management for accounting and controls/operational reporting. This person will also play an active role preparing, analyzing and interpreting financial data for each business unit. This person will work with the CEO to make recommendation which help the organization to develop and monitor its business strategies while minimizing risk. This position requires an individual who is both strategic and tactical.
- Advise the president and other key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of PCS strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the president informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Prepare various accurate financial reports (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarter, annual, ad-hoc), ledgers, financial statements, forecasting and balance sheets.
- Manage the invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, T&E, vendor management process, maintain chart of accounts
- Contribute to the development of solutions to improve effectiveness/efficiencies of process improvements, reduce risk and promote efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements
- Prepare all taxes and filing forms with the government/currently in 9 states
- Become the subject matter expert and primary contact for corporate accounting.
- Drive best practices and continuous improvement to maximize store performance and a clean balance sheet
- Support financial and operational audits both internal and external
- Meet with the department managers regularly to go over business matters and develop plans to increase profitability
- Analyze and interpret financial data, looking at trends or concerns, advising leadership and providing viable recommendations. (i.e. production or delivery cost analysis, cash flow, sales, etc.)
- Assist with filings of various sales, use, income tax returns, and other regulatory filings for the company.
- Regularly work with internal teams to achieve business and sales strategies.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Ensure that PCS is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board.
- Provide analytical support to PCS internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, 403-B plan, grants payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role ideally with experience gained in a high-growth organization
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Previous Board experience preferred
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
- interface with senior management, PCS board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Must have current driver’s license; driving record must meet company/insurance guidelines
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
PCS offers a competitive salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401k, Life Insurance, Long and Short-Term Disability.
This is a significant opportunity to play a strong leadership and strategic role to the future success of a major player in its industry. Interested candidates should confidentially submit their application for consideration by contacting Laura Blomme at email@example.com or at 515.444.7342.