This is a Senior Leadership position reporting to the CEO/GM of Pearl City Elevator. This position is directly responsible for grain divisional Profit & Loss and the grain divisional investments of Pearl City Elevator. This position will contribute across the whole company as a member of the Senior Leadership team by contributing ideas and collaboration that influence the whole company.
- Full grain divisional P & L Responsibility.
- Maintain strong business relationships with key PCE customers and businesspartners.
- Contribute leadership across divisions with a strong collaborative mindset.
- Managing the commodity merchandise position(s) and maintaining an accurate daily position report.
- Maintaining a forward forecast/projection for all major product categories.
- Maintain monthly retail inventory flows (Audit Style w/ Shrink).
- Maintain customer active contract detail.
- Maintain customer expired contract detail. Work within risk management policies to settle expired contracts through either extension, assess a mark to market fee when the contract is not extended, or canceling the contracts when there is no economic risk to the company.
- Maintain proper licensing for the grain department.
- Maintain reporting for each state that PCE does business in.
- Maintain a future projection for the grain divisions, which includes updated budgets in the current fiscal year, annual budget, and a 5-year budget.
- Work with COO to establish a dynamic CapEx investment plan spanning several years in the plan.
- Negotiation with all suppliers and manufacturers for products that PCE positions. Program development that benefits PCE customers and PCE.
- Maintain futures positions in addition to cash positions. Work to understand the market at all times and limit PCE cash position risk.
- Develop and execute strategic imperatives and action plans to accomplish the goals/projections of the division(s).
- Management of grain merchandising team and grain accounting team. Develop annual goals for each team member tied to company success. Maintain and improve performance of team through quarterly coaching and regular contact. Also, work to improve the skillset of the team through recruiting.
- Increase amount and number of customers serviced by our grain department.
- Increase the profitability and consistency of profitability for PCE’s grain enterprise. Work within the market creating valuable programs that increase the relevancy of PCE Grain products and services.
- Utilize PCE grain storage to the fullest extent possible to capture turns & earns in our system.
- Drive accurate monthly inventory reporting through warehouse measuring/counting. Develop plans and systems to achieve goal of limiting total shrink to less than one-half of one percent.
- Develop and execute a system for divisional quality control/quality assurance. Improve operational errors to a 6-Sigma Level (3.4 Defects per Million or Yield of 99.99967%)
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Background Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or business. Advanced degrees are acceptable.
- Must have a strong understanding of agricultural markets, distribution, and transportation.
- Must have a strong understanding of futures and paper markets. Ability to manage cash position, futures position, customer contracts, and supplier contracts.
- Must be able to develop a team through recruiting, improvement of current individual performance, and training.
- Understands the sales cycle and positions activities/training for the maximum benefit of individual professionals and the company.
- Must have strong leadership skills. Must be a visionary and goal driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask.
Interested candidates should confidentially submit their application for consideration by contacting Laura Blomme at email@example.com or 515.444.7342.