LOCATION: FARMINGTON, WASHINGTON
INTRODUCTION & POSITION SUMMARY:
Palouse Pulse LLC is a processor of pulses. The company engages in the business of acquisition, storage, and processing of dry edible lentils. It is 100% owned by Maviga NA Inc. The plant is in Farmington, Washington, near the Idaho border. The region is known for large, dryland farming. The facility was built in 1980 and Maviga NA acquired it in 2016. Maviga NA has a worldwide reputation for quality products.
This position will be responsible for managing the business and will have complete oversight of the warehouse employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, supervise, manage, and discipline company employees
- Provide a safe work environment and enforce compliance with safety regulations
- Manage the construction and maintenance of processing lines and storage facilities
- Work with outside contractors for the construction and maintenance of processing plants
- Work with assistant manager to maintain strong relationships with existing growers and customers
- Work with assistant manager to expand the grower base and procure product
- The ability to supervise and manage employees
- Experience with processing and handling agricultural commodities
- The ability to work and conduct the company’s business without direct supervision
- Some millwright or construction knowledge desirable
- High school diploma or GED
- Some higher education such as college or trade school desirable
- Must have successful supervisory experience
- Experience or education in millwright or mechanics
- Knowledge or experience in agriculture
Successful candidates must complete a drug screen, functional employment physical, and background check. Maviga NA Inc. maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact:
Hedlin Ag Enterprises
Phone: 515.444.7342 Email: email@example.com