To manage the day to day operation of Westway Feed Products bulk liquid feed facilities to maximize efficiency, safety and profitability. To ensure that all are handled effectively and in line with customer’s needs. Working within our highly diverse business you will have the opportunity to make a real impact working on a range of regional and global projects, support on the day-to- day management of terminal issues.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of the plant staff, including time off requests. Assists the Plant Manager with staff recruitment, training, performance management, compensation, and discipline.
- Coordinates production, receiving and shipping. Ensures orders are filled correctly.
- Observes and makes recommendations regarding the efficiency of the plants operational processes.
- Assists in planning and coordinating customer service activities in consultation with the Plant Manager. Acts as a contact for customers in conjunction with Plant Manager.
- Coordinates with office staff regarding work product and orders. Ensures orders are correctly fulfilled.
- Enforces company policies and procedures to promote and ensure a safe and environmentally responsible workplace. Assists with safety meetings and inspections.
- Ensures all production is carried out per company polices and regulations, including ensuring appropriate product mixing/blending and coordinating the logistics and movement of product.
- Plans and completes record keeping programs required for regulatory compliance.
- Assists with plant audits and inspections.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Interacts and communicates with staff and co-workers in a professional and appropriate manner and responds to and gives feedback in a respectful and positive manner.
- Takes the initiative to identify problems, uses judgment to find appropriate solutions and follows through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel, and research matters.
- Supports team efforts, actively works to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperates with others, and actively learns from other team members.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
To perform the duties of this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below outline the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies that are required in this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 1 year experience in manufacturing operations or related terminal, refinery, or tank vessel experience
- Knowledge of and ability to supervise staff
- Knowledge of and skill in operating equipment
- Bi-lingual capbilities (Spanish and English)
- Ability to use hand/power tools
- Ability to wear safety equipment, including safety shoes, goggles, gloves and similar equipment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents (regulations, policies, reports, bids, etc.), blueprints, drawings
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate with and respond to questions and complaints from staff, co-workers, management and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other software
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations
- Customer service focus
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Industry Specific degree or equivalent education and experience.
Successful candidates must complete a drug screen, functional employment physical and background check. Westway Feed Products LLC maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Westway Feed Products is the global supplier of agricultural-based liquid solutions with the resources, service, technical support and collaborative culture to understand and meet their needs through products and solutions that help them thrive, not just survive. Westway Feed Products is a part of ED&F Man, a specialist merchant of agricultural commodities, trading specifically in sugar, molasses-based products and coffee. Westway Feed is committed to providing the agricultural industry with world class service and the best available molasses-based products.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The working conditions and environment and the physical requirements/activities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual regularly works indoors but is occasionally exposed to a variety of weather conditions, including rain and heat/cold, noise, fumes, grease, oil, and noxious odors.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop and climb, walk/stoop in construction sites, docks, roofs and tanks, access confined areas, carry, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and use tools and office equipment and communicate (talk and hear). This position involves standing/bending/stooping for approximately 30% of the workday. Frequently the employee is required to kneel, bend, crawl, crouch, push, pull, lift, or twist. Occasionally the employee is required to lift or exert force of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required is close vision of 20 inches or less and vision ability of greater than 3 feet.
Westway Feed Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely based on qualification and experience without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other basis protected by applicable law.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact:
Hedlin Ag Enterprises
Phone: 515.444.7342 Email: email@example.com