To manage the day-to-day operation of the bulk liquid feed facility in Clewiston, Florida. Maximize efficiency, safety, profitability and ensure customer needs are met. Working within our highly diverse business, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact working on a range of projects while supporting the day-to- day management of the plant.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of the facility staff including time off requests. Assists the Plant Manager with staff recruitment, training, performance management, compensation and discipline.
- Coordinates production, receiving and shipping. Ensures orders are filled correctly.
- Observes and makes recommendations regarding the efficiency of the plant’s operational processes.
- Assists in planning and coordinating customer service activities in consultation with the Plant Manager. Acts as a contact for customers in conjunction with Plant Manager.
- Coordinates with office staff regarding work product and orders. Ensures orders are correctly fulfilled.
- Enforces company policies and procedures to promote and ensure a safe and environmentally responsible workplace. Assists with safety meetings and inspections.
- Ensures all production is carried out per company policies and regulations, including ensuring appropriate product mixing/blending and coordinating the logistics and movement of product.
- Plans and completes record keeping programs required for regulatory compliance.
- Assists with terminal audits and inspection.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Takes the initiative to identify problems, uses judgment to find appropriate solutions and follows through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Supports team efforts, actively works to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperates with others and actively learns from other team members.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 1 year experience in manufacturing operations or related terminal, refinery, or tank vessel experience
- Knowledge of and ability to supervise staff
- Knowledge of and skill in operating equipment
- Bi-lingual capbilities (Spanish and English)
- Ability to use hand/power tools
- Ability to wear safety equipment, including safety shoes, goggles, gloves and similar equipment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents (regulations, policies, reports, bids, etc.), blueprints, drawings
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate with and respond to questions and complaints from staff, co-workers, management and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other software
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations
- Customer service focus
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
Successful candidates must complete a drug screen, functional employment physical and background check. Westway Feed Products LLC maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Westway Feed Products is the global supplier of agricultural-based liquid solutions with the resources, service, technical support and collaborative culture to understand and meet their needs through products and solutions that help them thrive, not just survive. Westway Feed Products is a part of ED&F Man, a specialist merchant of agricultural commodities, trading specifically in sugar, molasses-based products and coffee. Westway Feed is committed to providing the agricultural industry with world class service and the best available molasses-based products.
Westway Feed Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely based on qualification and experience without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other basis protected by applicable law.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact:
Hedlin Ag Enterprises
1179 210th Street
Victor, Iowa 52347
Phone: 515.444.7342 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org