The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is the primary position responsible for overseeing the accounting function and information systems for all Burnett Dairy Cooperative Business Units. Working with and advising the CEO and the Board of Directors, this position will be responsible for mitigating internal and external risks to the organization while developing strategic and long-term planning initiatives.
- Lead the Executive Team in the development and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Review the monthly financial performance with the CEO and the Executive Team.
- Present the monthly financial performance to the Board of Directors and contribute in discussions regarding key metrics, M&A opportunities, and Patron governance issues.
- Involvement with CEO with key financial vendors (i.e., banking, auditors, insurance, hedging).
- Interact with others on the Leadership Team to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports, and recommendations.
- Continuous improvement and tracking of the key financial metrics for all business units’ operations.
- Communicate process improvement opportunities to the Leadership Team.
- Work with the Controller to improve and ensure compliance with internally defined processes and with GAAP rules.
- Lead the IT support staff in the management and strategic development of the system(s) utilized throughout the organization.
- Analytical Skills
- Promote continuous improvement of processes and the development of operational metrics and goals that drive the overall performance of the organization.
- Identify opportunities to improve financial and operational systems.
- Train others on existing and new processes as they are developed.
- Work to build accountability through system processes.
- Maintain positive morale and encourage others to do the same.
- Promote the organization’s objectives and processes while working with others.
- Support ongoing processes that impact the financial performance/stability of Burnett Dairy.
- Ensure that all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- All other duties as appropriate for this position.
- Regular and dependable attendance is required.
- Availability requirements may include: days, evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Travel by automobile between locations is required frequently; travel by airplane is required infrequently.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- Eight years of food manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are required to be successful.
- Time management is an integral part of this position in coordinating multiple projects in a manner that allows expectations to be met.
- Ability to function in an active and demanding work environment.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 Pounds; Push/Pull/Stack up to 30 Pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Repetitive motion; frequent use of hands.
This is a tremendous opportunity to play a key role and make a meaningful impact on the future success and growth of Burnett Dairy Cooperative. Interested candidates should submit their application for consideration by confidentially contacting Laura Blomme, Executive Recruiter with Hedlin Ag Enterprises, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.444.7342.