Livestock Services, Inc. (LSI), operates a family-owned pork production business headquartered in Great Bend, KS, comprised of production from 20,000 sows on 40 nursery/grow-finish sites. The business is set up to meet multiplication partners’ standards in regard to health, biosecurity, and animal care, making it the preferred supplier to sow farm clientele. LSI values quality pork production and aims to hire employees with these shared values.
The COO will play an integral role in a highly engaged and knowledgeable management team. This position will support the business to meet production goals and profitability forecasts. He/she will manage the interface with 4 sow systems and will have direct responsibility for 40,000 nursery spaces and 135,000 grow-finish spaces. This opportunity offers tremendous potential for advancement within the management team.
- Coordinate business operations along with veterinarian and production manager
- Manage pig flows and gilt availability
- Oversight of scheduling and logistics
- Production data oversight and analysis
- Meet company goals and forecasts
- Recruit new talent as needed
- Work closely with management team to support efforts in transportation, production contractor, and packer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years swine production experience preferred
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Business and data analytics
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Organized and detailed work ethic
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications and swine production programs
- Understanding of production data and relationship of traits to financial impact
Great Bend, Kansas
Interested candidates may confidentially contact Laura Blomme at 515.444.7342 or email@example.com to learn more.